P.E at St Joseph’s
As part of our commitment to provide all children at St Joseph’s Academy with a rich and varied learning curriculum, we ensure that every child has the opportunity to experience a wide range of PE opportunities. At our school, PE plays a vital role in developing the whole child.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools, we would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Within Physical Education Saint Joseph’s strives to give our children a rich and varied curriculum in order for all areas of PE to be covered. Here is a curriculum overview of what will be covered throughout all of the year groups through the ‘Primary Steps in PE’ initiative. The overview is designed to ensure that we are providing a broad and balanced program which meets the requirements of the National Curriculum for PE.
All children have the opportunity to take part in 1 one hour PE lessons a week. Our P.E lessons are either taught by the class teacher or by trained coaches from Grimsby Town Football Club.
Click here to see the PE Curriculum yearly overview
See the menu at the side for more information on PE at St Joseph's