Hello we are the 2017-2018 St Joseph’s Chaplaincy team; we have been the Chaplaincy team for two years now and are very excited to be involved in lots of exciting activities.
On a Monday we post the ‘Monday Mission’ on the playground whiteboard which is a thought or an idea for the other children to complete over the week maybe being more like the Good Samaritan and helping others in need.
On a Tuesday we meet with Mrs Tuff and Mrs McCullagh and we discuss our plans and ideas for the next week and our ideas for the Wednesday Word.
Each Wednesday we go into the ‘Our Lady Queen of Peace’ garden and share a bible story with the other children. This is a time when they can come into a quiet reflective space and listen to some of our favourite stories and discuss what we can learn from them.
Every Thursday we have ‘Chaplaincy chat’ this is a sign up service where the children can come over lunch time to talk to us about anything they are worrying about or if they need any advice. We try to help where we can but if we can’t we will always help the children find the right person to help them
Friday is good work assembly and it is our responsibility to make sure that the focus table is set up properly with the appropriate cloths and candles. Each week we change the cloths to match our theme.
· To help the school to be a community of faith.
· To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
· To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
· To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
· To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
· To continue to develop strong links with the Parish.
· To support the school in its Mission Statement.
We have lots of ideas of how we can fulfil our roles. Here are some of them:
· Help to prepare assemblies.
· ‘Saints Day’ celebrations.
· Organise various charity fund-raising events.
· Provide weekly ‘Thought for the Week’ which is posted on the chaplaincy board.
· Suggest ideas for RE resources.
· Help to lead assemblies.
· Promote bible stories.
· Maintain our Prayer Garden.
We have also thought of how we can work together.
The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team.
· Listen to each other’s ideas.
· Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
· Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
· Include everyone when making decisions.
· Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know.